Policy Officer at BIVDA
To support the strategic objectives of BIVDA and BIVDA members by providing policy development and drafting activity insights to the policy environment, and practical assistance in arranging and handling interactions for the senior management team.
Able to work both as part of a team but also independently and flexibly, identifying and securing stakeholder interactions and policy opportunities to which BIVDA will contribute, and ensuring their success. Responsibility for BIVDA’s briefings on policy and public affairs, to include key messaging, thought leadership, publications and policy positions. Experience working in Parliament is not essential but advantageous.
BIVDA is a trade association representing in vitro diagnostic companies who supply tests and technology to the NHS in the UK. We offer 8% pension contribution after 6 months probationary period and 28 days annual leave excluding public holidays. Salary in the range £24-27,000 dependent on experience.
- Prepare briefings for the Chief Executive and/or Chief Operating Officer (as appropriate) on matters of public affairs and policy as the Voice of the Industry;
- Undertake horizon scanning for issues and activity that may affect BIVDA strategy or BIVDA members from government departments, media and other trade organisations;
- Organise significant stakeholder activity relating to BIVDA strategy, including meetings, workshops, forums and written submissions, submitting by deadlines and taking responsibility for their success;
- Manage the internal stakeholder management process and CRM inputs;
- Work closely with the CEO and COO in developing and implementing the BIVDA strategy for engaging with external stakeholders;
- Take the lead in drafting policy responses – e.g. Requests for information from government departments, select committee enquiries, consultations and follow ups to meetings;
- Build and effective working relationships with BIVDA’s partner organisations and stakeholders within the BIVDA Stakeholder tiering system and ensure relationships are opened up for CEO/COO as appropriate;
- BIVDA’s representative to MPs, Peers and APPGs;
- Write articles for BIVDA publications, and external magazines;
- To work with the COO to source and collate relevant information from industry in order for BIVDA to develop BIVDA policy positions and provide briefings to the CEO;
- To prepare briefing notes and insight summaries to communicate to the membership;
- Main point of contact for public affairs enquiries;
- Assist the Communications Officer with internal and external communications with trade press, membership, social media and press as required.
- To work as part of the BIVDA team as a team player as well as working independently;
- Participate actively in BIVDA meetings, including sharing of knowledge and involvement in decision making for new ideas and initiatives;
- Working Party support in relation to policy matters;
- To take minutes or make meeting notes as required;
- Follow BIVDA processes and procedures and contribute to continual improvement initiatives with the Operations Manager and COO;
- Office administrative support and other duties or projects as needed.
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com